Air Force radio engineer – First row, kneeling on the left – Nestor Lopez, my Dad.
Where he grew up – Springer, New Mexico – his home town
Mom and Dad in Springer, New Mexico
Dad’s newspaper portrait for Delaware Trust Company – Vice President who spoke Spanish
Wedding portrait – Janet and Nestor Lopez
Happy Father’s Day to an accomplished man:
- a funny story-teller (took forever to get to the point)
- hot chili seeker (he’d always say, “This is not hot enough.”)
- goofy (took down the living room curtains while sleep walking one night and then denied it)
- a sad birthday story (Dec. 29 – I would get one shoe for Christmas and the other for my birthday) (had to walk 10 miles in the snow well, maybe four blocks as I later found out)
- chief of burning the trash (he burned my new shoes once as the box was close to burn wastebasket)
- famous in the community – local bank manager, loan officer, Lions president, Spanish speaker/guidance counselor for local new Mexican workers in the surrounding businesses – he knew everyone and everyone knew him
- collection basket pusher every Sunday at church – he knew what you gave 🙂
- liked to fish and hunt – would string up a dead deer in the garage facing my bedroom each year – gee, thanks.
He was gone too soon. He had a lot more to do and we miss him, our funny, quirky, Spanish-speaking Dad. Happy Father’s Day!